Intro to Improv
This is designed as an introduction to the basics of improvisation over an intensive weekend. The weekend will focus on different techniques and your instructors will coach you to help get the best out of you. You’ll learn how improv is a collaborative form where we all have a part to play, in a positive, supportive environment.
This course is useful if you want to explore and pursue improv further, and also if you wish to use improv techniques to improve your public speaking, listening and social skills. This course will cover:
- Yes…and. How to build agreement in scenes
- Confidence and stagecraft.
- Defining characters. How to contribute to the scene.
- Object and environment work.
- Scene-based short form games – allowing you a structure to practise your skills.
- Open-scenes. Scenes without shortform restrictions.
- Scene structure and heightening. How to get the most funny out of your scene.
Next Nottingham Course is a weekend intensive on Saturday 14 October and Sunday 15 October 2017.
Just twelve places available, please register for details.
Location – central Nottingham
Instructor: Marilyn Bird and Nick Parkhouse
Cost: Only £85 if booked before Friday 15 September 2017 (£105 thereafter)
Class size: 12 maximum