Intro to Improv
This is designed as an introduction to the basics of improvisation over an intensive weekend. The weekend will focus on different techniques and your instructors will coach you to help get the best out of you. You’ll learn how improv is a collaborative form where we all have a part to play, in a positive, supportive environment.
This course is useful if you want to explore and pursue improv further, and also if you wish to use improv techniques to improve your public speaking, listening and social skills. This course will cover:
- “Yes, and…” How to build scenes through agreement and positivitiy.
- Confidence and stagecraft.
- Defining characters: How to contribute to the scene.
- Object and environment work.
- Scene-based short form games – allowing you a structure to practise your skills.
- Open-scenes. Scenes without shortform restrictions.
- Scene structure and heightening. How to get the most funny out of your scene.
Next Nottingham Course will be in the new year!
Class size: 12 maximum
As a student of this class you also qualify for priority booking for the other workshops and teaching opportunities MissImp offers.
To be notified when Improv Level 1 is scheduled and available for booking, please subscribe to our mailing list.