Character, Scenework, and The Game
This course follows on from our Level 1 course and helps you build on basic scene-work to create funny, compelling scenes. This level draws on teachings on a range of techniques and teachings from various improv schools. Over the six week course you’ll learn a range of stylistic points and create a variety of weird, wonderful and funny scenes. And, we’ll side coach you to help you get the most out of your scenes and games. This course will cover:
- Advanced agreement. What we “Yes…and” and when we do it.
- Character endowment and relationships.
- Group work. Multi player scenes, group work and team work.
- Advanced physical work. Object work and using your environment.
- Finding the funny: Noticing and exploiting unusual things.
- Developing your awareness of how you improvise and your natural skills.
- Stylistic points. Edits, tags and second beats.
- Putting it all together.
Coming Early 2018
Classes will run from 7pm – 10pm.
Prerequisites: You must have taken Improv Level 1 or have equivalent experience / training with MissImp or another improv group.
Cost: Only £105 in total for the six weeks (£85 early bird discount)
Class size: 12 maximum
As a student of this class you also qualify for priority booking for the other workshops and teaching opportunities MissImp offers.
Book on the Course Now!