Character, Scenework, and The Game
This course follows on from our Level 1 course and helps you build on basic scene-work to create funny, compelling scenes. This level draws on a range of improv schools and techniques. Over six weeks you’ll learn a range of stylistic points and create a variety of weird, wonderful and funny scenes. And, we’ll side coach you to help you get the most out of your scenes and games. This course will cover:
- Advanced agreement. What we “Yes…and” and when
- Character endowment and relationships
- Group work. Multi player scenes, group work and team work
- Advanced physical work. Object work and using your environment
- Finding the funny part 1. Noticing and exploiting unusual things
- Developing your awareness of how you improvise and your natural skills
- Stylistic points. Edits, tags and second beats
- Putting it all together
Coming Summer 2017
Classes will run from 7pm – 10pm.
Prerequisites: You must have taken Improv Level 1 or have equivalent experience / training with MissImp or another improv group.
Instructors: Parky, Marilyn
Cost: Only £85 in total for the six weeks
Class size: 14 maximum
As a student of this class you also qualify for a concessionary rate for MissImp shows. We recommend seeing shows as it allows you to see the techniques we teach in action.