If you’re looking for a week long summer camp for your child, you’ve come to the right place. MissImp run the East Midlands leading kids improv and drama group and we’re running our first week long intensive summer camps in Nottingham in August 2013.
Keep reading to learn more or email us for more information and to register your child.
What can your child expect to learn?
Improvisation is all about making up funny and creative scenes and plays without a script. Our summer camps in Nottingham help kids learn many skills including:
- Listening, focusing and paying attention
- Public speaking and stage performance
- Developing imaginative situations and characters
- Confidence and social interaction
- Quick thinking and creativity
Our kids week long summer camp in Nottingham is designed as an introduction to the basics of comedic improvisation. Kids will learn how improv is a supportive, collaborative form where everyone has a part to play. This course is useful for any child wanting to explore and pursue improv, comedy or drama further, and also perfect if you want to help your kids improve their public speaking, listening and social skills. The kids camp is conducted in a positive, supportive environment and all our day camp leaders are trained improv teachers and fully CRB checked.
This course will cover:
- The importance of warm-up and building focus
- Yes…and. How to build agreement in scenes
- Defining characters. How to find a character and to contribute to a scene
- Object and environment work
- Scene-based short form games – allowing you a structure to practice your skills
- Open-scenes. Scenes without shortform restrictions
- Scene structure and heightening. How to get the most funny out of your scene
Who are MissImp?
MissImp are Nottingham’s only performance improvisation group. We’ve been playing to packed crowds since 2008 and currently have a monthly residency at Nottingham’s Glee club. We have received our training from the best improvisers in the UK, Europe and the USA and teach both adults and kids day camps and workshops.
Little Imps is our existing weekly kids improv/drama group and we’ve been teaching kids or all age since 2012. Now, we’re planning to launch our first ever summer camps in Nottingham specialising in this fun, exciting performance style.
Places on our summer camps are strictly limited. Dates, costs and locations will be confirmed soon but to register your child please Email us or complete the contact form below.